Definition: CATWOE is a checklist of 6 aspects to stimulate thought and to completely describe any complex or 'soft' system or issue.
The acronym was defined by Checkland as a part of his Soft Systems Methodology:
- Customer. Everyone who benefits or suffers from the issue.
- Actor. Transform inputs into outputs and performs the activities in the system.
- Transformation process. The conversion of inputs to outputs.
- World view (Weltanschauung). The big picture, real problem you're trying to sollve.
- Owner. The position of the one who has the power to start up, shut down or veto the system.
- Environmental constraints such as ethical legal, financial considerations.
© 2019 MBA Brief - Last updated: 23-3-2019 - Privacy | Terms